The AstroDome Planetarium usually travels in and around Calgary, but it often ventures to locations that are further away. It has been to many towns and cities throughout Southern and Central Alberta and has even been to Northern Alberta. The portable planetarium has not yet travelled to British Columbia or Saskatchewan, but we're willing to go there! If you would like the planetarium to come to your community in southeastern British Columbia or southwestern Saskatchewan, all you have to do is contact us.
The AstroDome Planetarium has gone on multi-day road trips to various locations in Southern Alberta and Central Alberta in the past and these road trips will happen once again during the 2016-2017 school year. These road trips allow each school to save upwards of $100 in travel expenses, compared to an exclusive one-day trip, because the overall travel cost is shared amongst all the participating schools.
Upcoming road trips may include...
- Medicine Hat (and surrounding area)
- Olds - Sundre (and surrounding area)
- Lethbridge - Cardston (and surrounding area)
- Taber - Vauxhall - Brooks (and surrounding area)
- Drumheller - Delia - Hanna (and surrounding area)
- Cochrane - Canmore - Banff (and surrounding area)
- Strathmore - Three Hills - Stettler (and surrounding area)
- Crowsnest Pass - Pincher Creek - Fort MacLeod (and surrounding area)
Are you interested in having the AstroDome Planetarium come visit your community? If so, all you have to do is send us a message to get the process started.